Saturday, June 5, 2010

Regionals 2010

Well last weekend I attended and competed in the South Central Regionals 2010, which was held at GSX Athletics in Fort Worth, TX. It was exciting, nerve wrecking, crazy, fun and hot (I'm sure there are many more words to insert here)...and I loved every min of it! Well If you didn't follow the competition on SicFit, I'll give you the brief run down.

These first few pics are of me performing Saturday's first workout which went ast followed:





Individual event 1 - Snatch/OHS
10 Bars will be set up for men and women – 20 total per heat.
Weights for the men’s bars:135/145/155/165/175/185/195/205/215/225
Weights for the women’s bars:75/85/95/105/110/115/120/125/130/135
At each station athlete must complete:1 Squat Snatch with 2 Overhead Squats or 1 Power Snatch with 3 Overhead SquatsAthletes will have 45 seconds to complete all three movements. Athletes will have 15 seconds between stations. Athletes will finish the workout when they are unable to complete all 3 movements within 45 seconds.

I made it to 95lbs, but as you can see I didn't get 105lbs as planned but I am okay with that and plan on doing better and improving my snatch. I just gotta remember to drop under the bar! Needless to say this workout didn't last long.

Later that day, came the following workout:
Individual event 2 - Weighted half Cindy10 Minute AMRAP of:
5 Pull ups
10 Push ups
15 Squats
Men will be wearing a 20lb short weighted vest
Women will be wearing a 10lb short weighted vest.

Cindy" is one of those rough crossfit workouts that you dread but like the challenge. It is AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) in 20 mins of the above minus the weighted vest. It was as rough as my picture shows. LOL! I got ten rounds in during that 10 mins. Afterwards you just drop to the floor and pray someone is there to get your vest off you. That thing feels alot heavier that 10lbs LOL! However I don't think this is the end of my weighted vest training...maybe an addition to K-Ln!?





Above is the 1st workout on Sunday. It went as follows:

Individual event 3 - DU/DL/SBR/RowFor time:

100 Double Unders

3 Rounds of:

10 Deadlifts(275/185lbs)

1 Sandbag run(75/50lbs)

Then row 1K

Yep...this one wasn't any easier! 185lb deadlift should be a breeze...NOT! LOL! It as rough! never thought it would be after double unders! I was predicting the sandbag run to kill me...that as recovery! WOW!

Well I finished the day with ATTEMPTING the finalworkout, Sunday evening:

Individual event 4 - Final EventFor time:

10 Muscle Ups

15 Handstand Push Ups

20 Squat Cleans (155/105lbs)

Run the Block

Since I cannot do a muscle up I didn't make it very far. I just ended up with a massive blister on my left hand...at least I knew I had the grip right! Muscle ups are my trouble spots...ugh! However I have a goal to get them by July! Fingers crossed...

All and all the weekend was AWESOME and I LOVED every min of it! I do need to send a few showouts: Thanks to my AMAZING friends and cheer section, Melisa, Jess, CP and Crossfit Central. And a big ole congrats to Jen for taking 3rd and Jess for taking 4th qualifing them to go to the games as well as the Crossfit Central Affiliate Team for taking first place! And last but not least all the other athletes that lifted...y'all are all such an inspiration to me and give me such great motivation. It is a joy not only to work with you but lift next to you...thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment