Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I had an AMAZING Thanksgiving!!! It began Wednesday night when everyone met at the Houston Pierces (my dad's brother's family). Since I was the first one there I got to go meet Toby, my cousin Sadie's FFA 95lb goat. How cute is he? I might have had a crush on lots of the FFA boys, but I didn't do FFA in school, but my cousin is LOVING it!
After a restful night, we all got up the next morning and did the Houston Turkey Trott! My cousin Sadie, her dad/my uncle James (both are takign on Dallas White Rock Half Marathon this weekend), Duke and me ROCKED the 10K! My Mom, Dad, Bubba, Aunt B, Cousin JP, Bubba AND my grandmother Pat Pat killed the 5K!
After running we rested then got ready for dinner! I'm a horrible cook so I made Bacon Broccoli Salad, which everyone loved. Tony even joined us! While 95% of our meal was actually paleo, some of the old traditions were not! But they are old traditions and we cannot stop them now! Oh and the AMZING apple pie and yummy red velvet cake. No worries I tested them to make sure they were okay for everyone to eat ;)






I think this is one of my new favorite pics of my mother.
Here she is showing my aunt what an air squat looks like all while spilling her guts about what crossfit has done for her life and how far she has come (which is AWESOME). This is right before she demonstrated the burpee...gosh I'm a proud daugher!
On Saturday, My parents, grandmotehr and myself headed back to Austin so I could show my grandmother my town! We took her to Whole Foods, Auditorum Shores, Mozarts, Ables on the Lake as well as a personal favorites of my town! All in all I would say this was a successful Thanksgiving Break and I do have MUCH to be thankful for! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment