Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crossfit Katy: Bring On The Heat WOD #1

On Aug. 13th I travled to Houston to stay at my family's casa so I could compete in Crossfit Katy's Bring On The Heat Competition that was held at their box in Katy, Tx. I met my buddy Clayton Manzer at my family's casa and then we took his new jeep to go get our packets, as well as some food for the next day. After packet pick up we came back home and cooked an amazing paleo dinner for my family. Well he cooked because we all know I cannot. Since my family is pretty sick of hearing me talk about crossfit, they drilled Clay. Clay did wonderful! He talked about his AMAZING experience with crossfit and how it benefited him. My fam was hooked!!!



We got up early the next morning and drove to the box so we could secure our parking spot. Thanks to Clay's new "whip" we parked in the grass close to the platforms. His box, Crossfit Beaumont then joined us with tents and more chairs. They are a great group and welcomed me with opened arms and allowed me to hang out with them between heats as well as cheered for me when I was lifting. In addition to that cheering section, I had my Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Clay and my friend Tony who came in to watch. I'm secretly trying to all of them involved in crossfit with a box close to them.



The scaled workout started at 8am-ish and the standard started at 10. I was in heat 3 of 7 of the Standard. Clay was in heat 2 of the Standard male. WOD #1 went as follow with a 12min cut off:

250m row
12 box jumps
8 deadlift 185#



I thought the workout went really well EXCEPT the part when I pentalized for the handle flying out the the rack. This made me do 5 burpees. I coasted in the last 10m of the row and sat there conserving energy. When I released the handle BAM it went flying into the wheel. The judge said 5 burpees and I began them without even thinking about arguing. I finished in 8min and I think 24 seconds? I'm not 100% sure. This box was small but they made everyone fit and as the lifter I had a fan on me so there were no worries.
































Thank you Tony for filming my workout, creating a Youtube account for me and uploading the clip. I don't care that I have to turn my head to watch it! You are awesome and everyone needs a friend like Tony!



No comments:

Post a Comment