Friday, November 4, 2011

Strength Finders 2.0

If you follow me on Facebook and/or twitter you have seen many post about Team Pursuit. I also did a post awhile back regarding Strength Finders 2.0. This has truly been an AMAZING experience. I discovered that my strengths are:
Futuristic
Discipline
Positivity
Includer
Activator

What does this mean you might ask or is this "really" describing you? Your probably thinking that this is some goofy "personality test" us coaches have taken. I strongly disagree with that. on a community level we are able to see who is stronger in what areas to know who to turn to when I need "stuff" done or I'm stuck on a problem and need some help. I can figure out who to turn to. On a personal level Strength finders has really put "meaning" to my behaviors. The funny thing about my strengths is I don't think I could have one without the other. For example, how can someone be futuristic if they are not disciplined. How can I be an includer if I'm not positive. How can I include someone if I cannot take action.Below is how I use my strengths in my everyday life.

Futuristic – I can see the future in details. This “strength” helps me to keep focused on my goals and how to reach them.
Discipline – I am able to stay on track make things happen. I like to work with list and check things off. I like planning and organizing. I like to be productive. This is applied to EVERYTHING in my life!
Positivity – I am ALWAYS positive. I can find the good in almost anything and stay focused on the positive side. I see the negative side I just focus on the positive.
Includer – I can make anyone feel included in bootcamps. I like to find common grounds between people and “link” them together. This helps creating community within my bootcamps.
Activator – One of my favorite quotes is “good things come to those in motion”. I like to be and stay busy all while moving forward. I like to work on projects and start new ones. I am productive this way

This has really been a great experience. We have met and had games to where we had to guess our fellow coaches's strengths or using their strengths guess who they were. We are one tight group! We also have determined our core values. Mine include:
Faith
Family
Integrity
Health

Have you done Strength Finders 2.0? I want to hear about your experience. What are your core values. How do they play a role in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment